Monday, February 21, 2011

Separation and Divorce- March 2006

After 10 years of marriage, my husband Rob decided to leave and moved out of the house.  Our relationship had been rocky all along, but I'd stuck through it, believing it was God's will for marriages to be worked out, and knowing how important a strong family base was for our children. We'd been to marriage therapy two different times over the years, but with little result.  We never fought, and as far as I knew he was content with things the way they were, so his leaving came as a surprise.

Because of his crazy work schedule, the girls hadn't seen Rob for days at a time anyway, so his absence was not as severe a change as it might have been.  My family was all in the Minneapolis area, so we moved in with my mother to be closer to their help and support until I could get settled again.

No comments:

Post a Comment