Monday, February 21, 2011

Natural Development: First 7 months

There really wasn't anything very unusual about Katie as a baby.  My memory of detail here is aided by the baby journal I kept.

At 2 wks. I noted that she had a "sweet and even temperament", hardly ever cried, and when she did Melanie covered her ears and ran away, or cried as well if she couldn't escape.

At 2 mo. she was overwhelmed/upset by the music and lights bar that dangled over her bouncy seat, so I removed it for the time being.  She adored her Daddy, chattering and cooing at him, but no one else.  She was easily upset by anything that made a lot of noise, which was hard for poor Melanie who tried to interact with her by rattling toys and things at her, which just made Katie cry, and poor Mel feel rejected. 

Both of my girls preferred the more upright position of sleeping in their car seat rather than flat in their cribs for several months.  Both girls were breast fed, but Katie seemed to have a harder time with it.  My supply just didn't seem to be able to meet her demands, so I began supplementing her diet with formula as well.  At 5 mo. I noted that she has having problems with constipation with the increased use of the formula. 

At 6 mo. I noted that she was a voracious eater, was very upset by the crying of the other babies at the day care, which kept her from sleeping there. She was "a happy little honey" at home, but was having terrible stranger anxiety if anyone even looked at her.

Kate couldn't sit up independently as early as Melanie had, and at 7 mo. I noted that she "tried to sit, but fell on her face and got very angry".  She had seemed to get over the stranger anxiety quite suddenly.  She was babbling a lot of B consonant sounds, but otherwise just throaty noises.  When I tried introducing finger foods she gagged on everything and became panic-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment